- 3/4 cup: Toor dal (arhar Dal)
- 150 gm: Red Pumpkin cut into large pieces
- 2 no: Medium Sized Brinjal cut into medium size pieces
- 1 no: Green Banana cut into medium size pieces
- 150 gm: Green Papaya cut into medium size pieces
- 1 no: Medium Sized Potato, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 2 tsp: Fresh Grated Coconut
- 1 tsp: Pancha-phutana (Cumin Seed, Mustard Seed, Fennel Seed, Fenugreek Seed, Kala
- 4 no: Dry Red Chillies
- 1 tbs: Ginger, minced
- 1 tbs: Turmeric powder
- 2 tsp: Cumin seed (Jeera)
- 2 tsp: Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp: Ghee or Oil
- 1/2 tsp: Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Roast 1 tsp of cumin and red chilli in a pan till light brown.
- Grind it together and keep it aside.
- Boil 4 cups of water in the pressure cooker and add all vegetables (potato, banana, pumpkin, brinjal and papaya) and cook for 10 minuites without putting on the whistle
- Add dal into this boiling vegetable, salt, minced ginger, turmeric and pressure cook it for 2 whistles (If cooking without a Pressure Cooker, it should be cooked till the Dal is completely cooked)
- Heat Ghee/Cooking Oil in a pan. Cracke the panch-phutana until in it, add 2 red chillies and then add it to the cooked dal and vegetables.
- Sprinkle roasted cumin and chilli powder.
- Garnish with grated coconut and coriander leaves
- Serve with hot steam rice.