Take my words, this particular dal tastes amazing. I (probably) have made some changes to the usual way of cooking but you must try this once to say yes or no. Let’s talk about the recipe. Please note that we are talking about a serving for 2.
- 50 gms of Masoora Dali (Masoor ki dal)
- 3 tsp Ghee
- 1 tsp of Kala Jeera (Kaala Jeera / Kalaunji)or Nigella Seed
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 green chilies slit in the middle
- Half fresh lemon
- ½ tsp sugar
- Chopped coriander leaf for garnishing (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Pressure-cook the lentils with 5 times water for 10 mins in low flame. Please note that we are not adding anything else to it. Not even salt. The Dal needs to be cooked till its soft and almost mashed. If the dal remains hard it completely upsets the balance.
- Take a Kadei (pan). Add ghee when the pan is hot.
- Add the Kala Jeera to sputter when the Ghee is hot.
- Add the split green chilies.
- Add the boiled dal.
- Now add turmeric, sugar and salt and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the lemon just before switching off the flame.
Garnish with coriander leaf and serve with hot steam rice. Try some Alu Bhaja / Alu Posta along with this…..yummy